21 October 2017

Christmas #VikingArtyParty, Leeds

This year I’ve kicked off Christmas celebrations extra early with the #VikingArtyParty, which I was kindly invited along to by Viking. The Christmas #VikingArtyParty was held at Lambert’s Yard,right in the heart of Leeds, and was a fun filled afternoon of festivities (including Christmas crafts, mulled wine and festive nibbles).


At the beginning of the event we were each given a name badge and given a piece of coloured paper, which would decide which of the crafts we would take part in first. I was placed in the yellow group (along with Jess, Simone, KelKatie, Laura and a number of other lovely bloggers). 


After mingling and a cheeky glass of mulled wine (for the non-drivers) it was time for the crafting to begin! The first craft for the yellow group was calligraphy, hosted by Joyce from Artsynibs. Joyce set us the task of completing a selection of practice sheets, with the end goal being for us to go on and create our own card using our newly found calligraphy skills. 




Whilst I don't think calligraphy is my hidden talent, I'm determined not to give in with this craft just yet!
After breaking for dinner it was soon time for the next craft - block printing with Maddie from Tea and Crafting. During this workshop we each designed and created our own stamp, which we would then use to decorate our own magazine file.

Despite having a few issues with my handmade stamp I'm quite pleased with how my magazine file turned out. I think I would like to give block printing another go at some point (if I can find some spare time!)


It was then time to move onto our final craft - advent calendar making with Jane from Tea and Crafting. For this craft we were shown how to make our own Christmas crackers, using some fabulous glitter paper, which we would be able to turn into a quirky advent calendar once we had made enough.


As daft as it sounds I found this craft the trickiest of the three to pick up, however once I had got my head around making the second cracker it got a little bit easier (thankfully!)


It was soon time for the event to draw to a close. Before leaving we were each very kindly given a Christmas gift from Viking,which contained paint pens and other stationery bits 'n' bobs to help us to continue crafting at home. I want to end this post by saying a huge thank you to Viking for inviting me along to the #VikingArtyParty. I had a wonderful afternoon :)

The photos featured in this post were taken by Viking and are used in this post with permission.

Thank you for reading,
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© natashaparisblog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig