3 April 2016

Review: Tanya Burr Cosmetics Hollywood Eyeshadow Palette

When it comes to eyeshadows I rarely stray away from my beloved Urban Decay Naked Palettes. However when I saw the shades in the Tanya Burr Cosmetics Hollywood Eyeshadow Palette I knew I had to pick one up to try. The palette is an affordable option and can be purchased for around £6 online, from places such as Feel Unique, and in store from Superdrug.  
Tanya Burr Cosmetics Hollywood Eyeshadow Palette
The palette contains four warm-toned neutral shades, which are: 
Nude Delight - a pale,almost beige toned shade which has a fairly matte finish in comparison with the other shades. 
Gold Coin - a shimmery gold shade, with a slight yellow tone. I like to use this shade all over my eyelid for a simple, everyday look.
Enchantment - a gold toned metallic shade, with gold glitter. 
Bookworm - a deep brown shade (with a slight red tone to it), which has more of a satin finish than the other shades do.

Most of the shades within the palette feel buttery soft to the touch and are pretty easy to work with, with the exception of 'Enchantment' which I've found to be a little bit grittier and a little bit harder to work with (probably due to the added glitter particles).The shades within the palette work really well together, but personally I've got the most use from 'Nude Delight' and 'Gold Coin'. 


Tanya Burr Cosmetics Hollywood Eyeshadow Palette Swatches
Swatches: 1- Nude Delight, 2 - Gold Coin, 3 -Enchantment, 4 - Bookworm

The pigmentation of these eye shadows isn't the best, nor is it the worst either. I think its comparable with other budget eyeshadow products I've tried from the likes of Collection Cosmetics. Personally I've found that some of the shades don't appear to stand out very well against my skin tone (as shown in my swatches), however I've seen other swatches online and the results do seem to vary pretty widely. 


Tanya Burr Cosmetics Hollywood Eyeshadow Palette
The shades are packaged within a sturdy cardboard case, which has a magnetic closure to secure it. As I always like to be honest in my reviews I'm going to admit that I was a little bit concerned that the magnetic closure may pop open meaning that the shades would get damaged. However, I didn't find this to be the case at all. I took this palette away with me on my recent weekend away, where it was in the bottom of my (very full) make-up bag and the packaging and the shades inside had no signs of damage.

 Unlike other budget-friendly palettes I've tried this one doesn't come with a brush/applicator, which personally doesn't bother me too much as I rarely use them anyway, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Inside the palette there's a heart shaped mirror, which is pretty handy for me as I don't have a compact mirror in my make-up bag.


Whilst this palette won't be making its way to the top of my make-up stash it was perfect for my recent weekend away and I have been continuing to use it when I just want to add that little wash of colour to my eyelids.


Thank you for reading,
natashaparisblog
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© natashaparisblog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig