8 October 2016

Travel: Natasha Paris in Madeira

After a couple of days in Porto we flew to Madeira for a week,where we had opted to stay in a villa situated in Arco Da Calheta which had the most stunning views (yes I'm still completely obsessed with the view from the villa's terrace *all the heart eyed emojis*)

We decided that we'd dedicate a couple of days of our holiday to lounging around the pool and reading, I managed to read a couple of different books during our holiday, my favourite of which was Giovanna Fletcher's Always With Love. As much as I enjoyed having some time to relax and read it was also nice to head out and explore.
After spending our first full day relaxing we headed out to do the Levada Das 25 Fontes walk, I'll be honest at times I found this walk to be a struggle but I'll admit that the views were definitely worth the aching legs (and me nearly falling from a ledge...oops.)

Levada Das 25 Fontes


The next day we headed into Funchal where we spent the morning wandering around the shops,markets and streets before treating ourselves to some lunch at one of the street side cafes. After lunch we took the cable car up to Monte before spending a large part of the afternoon at the Botanical Gardens (unfortunately I didn't take any photo's at the botanical gardens, a decision I'm regretting a little now if I'm honest). After we'd finished wandering around the Botanical Gardens we decided to go and do the wicker basket toboggan ride which I absolutely loved (I filmed a little snippet of the experience which you can see over on my Instagram).Madeira Cable Cars
One of the last adventures that we decided to embark on was a road trip up the mountains and across the coastlines of the island, some of the views we saw during our road trip were absolutely breath taking.
Wow I feel like this has turned into quite a lengthy post so if you're still reading then thank you and please enjoy an extra 10 points for your Hogwarts House (ha).  I'm going to end this post with a stunning sunset view.
natashaparisblog
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© natashaparisblog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig