2 October 2016

Travel: A City Break In Porto

If you follow me on Social media you might know that I recently went on holiday with my lovely boyfriend (so recently in fact that I'm writing up this post the day after I returned home - I just couldn't help myself). Given that we visited both Porto and Madeira there will be two posts about my holiday, the first stop on our trip was a couple of days in the city of Porto.

Due to a slight flight delay we arrived in Porto around midday, where we headed straight to our Air B and B apartment to set down our suitcases after being offered an early check in by our lovely host. After checking in we headed out to spend an afternoon wandering around the city.
Porto

Rua das Flores
During our afternoon wander we stumbled across this lovely little street called Rua das Flores, where we also headed back for dinner later that evening.




The next day we headed straight to Livraria Lello & Irmão which is the most picturesque book shop I've ever seen, it very much felt like it belonged in Hogwarts (rumour has it that this is one of the places that gave JK Rowling the inspiration to write Harry Potter - pretty cool huh?!)
Livraria Lello & Irmão

After wandering around the book store for a while we had a look in some of the nearby shops before heading down to the Marina to grab some lunch and enjoy the scenery (whilst people watching of course). We then headed over the bridge to Vila Nova de Gaia to do the port tour and tasting at Taylor's (something I definitely don't feel like I was sophisticated enough to do).
Taylors port tour/tasting

Once we'd finished the tour it was early evening, so we headed back over the bridge and made our way to a park like area to watch the sunset (which had been recommended by our Air B&B host - unfortunately I can't remember the name of the area though *face palm*). After watching the sunset over the city it was time for us to go have some dinner and drinks before exploring the city by night.

Unfortunately that brings me to the end of my Porto post, as the next day we headed out bright and early to make our way to the airport to fly to Madeira. My next travel post all about our week in Madeira will be live next week if you're interested in reading that.

As always, thank you for reading,
natashaparisblog
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© natashaparisblog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig