8 December 2016

Review: Kat Von D Lock It Foundation Review

I've wanted to try the Kat Von D Lock It foundation for a long time and as it's now available to buy in the U.K (at Debenhams online and at selected stores) it was definitely time for me to give it a go. I purchased the Lock It foundation in the shade 'Light 48 Neutral'.

This is a highly pigmented, full coverage liquid foundation which helps to reduce shine and provides a matte finish. Here in the U.K. this foundation is available in a fairly wide range of shades (there are currently around 17 to choose from on Debenhams online) although there is a wider range of shades available on Sephora or from Kat Von D Beauty directly.

Kat Von D Lock It Foundation Review

The packaging of this product is divine! I believe Kat actually designs the packaging herself, and personally I think that's really cool. The bottle comes with a pump built in, which is very handy as it delivers just the right amount of product. 

When it comes to applying this foundation a little product goes a long way. When it comes to application this product can be a little bit tricky to apply as it starts to dry pretty quickly. However, I've tried applying a small amount at a time and I've found this to work pretty well for me. I prefer to apply this foundation with a make up sponge (a Primark dupe of the Beauty Blender is my choice) rather than a foundation brush, no particular reason  other than because I've found this gives me a slightly better finish.

I have combination skin (oily in some areas and dry in others) and on the whole this foundation does have really good wear time,I can apply this early in the morning and it'll still in tact in the evening. I need to use very little concealer when I use this foundation as the coverage is on point. Once I've blended the product out it doesn't transfer from my skin (which is always a positive, nobody wants the dreaded foundation stained collar now do they?!)

On a slight negative note on days when my skin is a little bit drier than usual this foundation does tend to cling to the drier areas of my face. I've been trying to eliminate this by making sure I exfoliate and moisturise regularly (which I often forget to do oops.. #badblogger).

I do find it difficult to find foundations which have long wear time so this product is definitely a welcome addition to my make-up bag. I don't wear this product everyday but for days when I want my make-up to last (for example for a special occasion) it's my go to choice. 

If you're not a fan of high coverage/heavy make-up then this may not be the product for you, if it sounds right up your alley you can find it for sale here (RRP £27)

Interested in reading more posts like this? You can find the rest of my Kat Von D Beauty reviews here.

Thank you for reading,
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© natashaparisblog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig