13 September 2017

Travel: A Summer Holiday in Cornwall

Cornwall is one of those places that I've always wanted to visit and despite the stunning scenery I can't pretend that the long car journey hasn't put me off previously. However, a couple of weeks ago I embarked on a 6 + hour journey to Cornwall with my lovely boyfriend and his family (at this point I should probably mention that I didn't do any driving and should say thank you to my lovely boyfriend for doing all the driving :))

After travelling through the early hours of Saturday morning we arrived in Cornwall around 10am. We weren't able to check in to our Air BnB until late afternoon so we stopped at a lovely harbour town called Fowey for breakfast and a wander, before heading to Falmouth for a wander around (and a very tasty Cornish pasty!). After a long day of travelling it was finally time for us to make our way towards St Just to check into our Air BnB (a lovely old farmhouse based on the outskirts of the town with a real fire and no phone signal.. bliss!)
Pedn Vounder beach
On Sunday we visited Pedn Vounder beach which was absolutely beautiful, but a little bit tricky to reach. As I like to be honest in my blog I'll admit that I slipped on the coastal path.. twice. I definitely wasn't appropriately dressed for that hike! If you're planning on visiting Pedn Vounder I'd definitely recommend wearing hiking boots/shoes or at best trainers. 
We dropped on well with the weather for the most part of our holiday so the next afternoon we headed back to the beach, this time Gwenver Beach, which we were able to walk to as it was fairly close to where we were staying (about a 30 minute walk). 
Gwenver Beach

We decided to take a break from the beach and we spent the next day exploring St Ives, wandering down the cobbled streets, drooling over the many lovely homeware shops and enjoying fish and chips by the harbour. 

I really wanted to visit The Eden Project whilst we were in Cornwall so me and my boyfriend headed there for the day on Wednesday. We bought our tickets on the gate and they were pretty pricey, however there was plenty to do and our visit lasted for most of the day. The Mediterranean Biome was my favorite area of The Eden Project, with it's many exotic plants and flowers (including the Kangaroo Paw,which I photographed purely for it's name.. I'm easily pleased what can I say *shrugs*)
Eden project

Eden project, cornwall

On Thursday we visited Mousehole, a pituresque little village, in the morning and enjoyed an obligitorary Cornish Cream Tea (yum!). Mousehole was one of my favourite places we visited on our trip and I was very pleased we got the chance to visit again the next day. In the afternoon we visited the island of St Michael's Mount, where we also visited the Island castle. 
Mousehole, Cornwall
Rockpool Cafe Cream Tea Mousehole


Our last couple of days were spent revisiting some of our favourite places from our trip (including Mousehole, St Ives and Gwenver Beach.) We spent the final afternoon of our holiday in Padstow, somewhere I had been hoping to visit during our trip. After wandering around the rows of shops and enjoying a hot chocolate at a cute little cafe we sat by the harbour and tucked into the yummiest pasties from Stein's Patisserie (I highly reccomend the Haddock pasty if you are a fish fan!)

Have you visited anywhere new recently? Or have you been lucky enough to revist a place you love? I would love to hear all about your travels in the comments below!

Thank you for reading,

If you enjoyed this post you may also like:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© natashaparisblog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig