1 April 2017

Life: A Visit To The Fashionable Yorkshire Exhibition

I was very kindly invited to the Fashionable Yorkshire exhibition which is showing at Lotherton Hall from now until the end of the year. 

The exhibition showcases five centuries of style and focuses on how women's fashion has changed throughout history - from the 1600's through to the 1970's. This sounded like it would be right up my street so last weekend I headed to check it out.

The exhibition itself is relatively small but personally I didn't mind this as it was a chance to discover the stories behind the outfits (and briefly about the women that wore them).


Pictured: Margaret Layton of Rawdon's embroided jacket (1600's)

Pictured: Priestmans of Thornton-le-Dale dresses (1700's)


Pictured: A selection of Polly Wilson's dresses (1950's). This was my favourite part of the exhibitions as photographs of Polly wearing these dresses in the 50's are displayed alongside the garments (which I thought was a lovely touch).

If you want to find out more about the exhibition click here.

Many thanks to Leeds Museums and Galleries for providing me with tickets to the exhibition. 

Thank you for reading,
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© natashaparisblog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig