18 February 2015

Life: Valentine's Day With Kaiser Chiefs

For Christmas my parents very kindly bought me and my Brother tickets to see Kaiser Chiefs at their homecoming gig at the Leeds First Direct Arena, which just happened to coincide with Valentine's Day. 

Kaiser Chiefs Leeds 2015

Kaiser Chiefs Leeds 2015

After finding our way through Leeds city centre (thanks to my Dad's expert driving..and the help of the sat nav) we arrived at the arena. 

After a quick look at the merchandise stand we took to our seats just in time to catch the end of the first support act,Teleman. (We were sat in Block 329, Row J if you're interested).After a short break the next support act,Public Service Broadcasting, took to the stage. To be honest (and I always am).. I wasn't keen on either of the two supporting acts.. but they weren't the reason why I went were they?

At 9pm Kaiser Chiefs took to the stage, to kick off what was an amazing gig. They opened with 'The Factory Gates' and then 'Everyday I Love You Less And Less' which really got the crowd hyped up. For the next two hours they made their way through their extensive back catalogue playing well loved songs such as 'Ruby' and 'I Predict A Riot'.

 The 'Chiefs definitely didn't disappoint with their energetic performances, at one point front man Ricky Wilson was standing in the crowd and then running around to the back of the standing area to perform a couple of songs.

Yes their was points during the gig when I felt like I was at a football match (the chants of 'Yorkshire,Yorkshire,Yorkshire) but it was amazing to hear such support for a local band who have done so well.

 The gig itself was incredible and if you ever get the chance to see Kaiser Chiefs perform live then I'd urge you to do it. I feel very lucky to have seen them live, especially at their 'homecoming' gig. 

Have you been to any gigs recently?
Thank you for reading,
natashaparisblog
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© natashaparisblog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig